SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Taco Bell Customer Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Taco Bell Corp. ("Taco Bell" or "Sponsor") and Taco Bell participating restaurants ("Participating Restaurants"), and is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, Yum! Brands, Inc., the Participating Restaurants, their respective franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, directors, officers, and/or advertising, promotional, or fulfillment agencies of or contracted by any of the foregoing individuals or entities ("Sweepstakes Entities"), and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and spouses of the foregoing, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible to register their opinion or enter the Sweepstakes. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) on December 25, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on December 23, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and consists of fifty-two (52) “Entry Periods,” one for each week during the Sweepstakes Period. A new Entry Period will begin each Wednesday of the Sweepstakes Period at 12:00:00 AM CT and end the following Tuesday at 11:59:59 PM CT.
There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes: online or by mail.
Enter online: Access the survey entry page via the website printed on select Taco Bell cash register receipt from Participating Restaurants during the Sweepstakes Period. You will be asked to respond to several questions regarding your most recent experience at the restaurant, and to provide your first and last names, home telephone number, email address, and the store number and date and time of your visit as printed on the receipt. Online entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59:59 PM CT on the last day of an Entry Period to be entered in the Sweepstakes and to be eligible for the random drawing applicable to that Entry Period.
The survey entry page may also be accessed by scanning the QR Code found on selected Taco Bell cash register receipts using your Web-enabled mobile device or by texting "LIVEMAS" to "70000." Scanning the QR Code or sending a text message is NOT an entry; follow the instructions on-screen or in the reply text message to complete your entry. To access the survey entry page via the QR Code, your mobile device must have a camera and QR Code reading application installed. To access the survey entry page via text message, your mobile device must have a service plan that includes two-way text messaging. You will receive one (1) text message response that will include a link to the survey entry page to each text sent. QR Readers may not be available through all wireless carriers or on all Web-enabled mobile devices. Installation of a QR reader is subject to your wireless phone’s compatibility. Text Message and Data Rates Apply. To receive help or to stop text messages, reply STOP to stop, HELP for help. You will be charged according to your mobile phone service provider’s rate plans. Please consult your mobile phone service provider regarding rate plans. Text messaging may not be available in all areas of the U.S. Sponsor is not responsible for any QR Code reader website, download, claim or otherwise related to the entrant’s attempt (successful or otherwise) to install a QR Code reader. Sponsor does not endorse any particular QR Code reader or company products and any download is at the sole risk of the participant. QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
Enter by mail: hand print your name, complete address, telephone number and age on a postcard and mail to: Taco Bell Customer Survey Sweepstakes, 1737 McGee, Kansas City, MO 64108. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the day following the close of an Entry Period and received by Sponsor within eight (8) days of the close of an Entry Period to be entered in the drawing for the Entry Period.
There is a limit of one entry per person/email address per Entry Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person/email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. For purposes of clarification, as printed receipts will only be generated following a customer experience, all no-purchase entries must be completed via mail as opposed to online; entry via mail is as statistically likely to win as an online entry.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Fifty-two (52) random drawings will be conducted, each on or about the 10th day following the close of an Entry Period. Entries for any given Entry Period will not be entered or otherwise included in any other Entry Period’s drawing.
4. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Representatives of the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the specified Entry Period to award one (1) Grand Prize, consisting of $500 cash to be awarded in the form of a check. The potential winner will be notified by telephone and postal mail and may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected. If a winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian who will be required to sign all necessary affidavits and releases. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one prize per person. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each Entry Period.
5. GENERAL: All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, entrants agree [a] to abide by and be bound by these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be final in all respects relating to the sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities including the Administrator (the “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and if a winner [c] to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. Released Parties are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any error (human or otherwise) which may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] entries which are late, misdirected, unintelligible, garbled or incomplete, or are not recorded or cannot be completed for any reason; [d] late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or postage-due entries or mail; or [e] any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those legitimately submitted prior to the action taken, and/or to award the prizes in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If due to a printing, technical or other error, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (not yet awarded) by a random drawing from among all legitimate eligible prize claimants in that category. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an online participant, the online entry will be assigned to the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries become property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or substitution by winner is allowed. These Official Rules and the conduct of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of laws principles and any actions, claims or suits shall be held in a federal or state court located in State of California. For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by December 23, 2014, to: Taco Bell 2014 Customer Survey Sweepstakes Rules, PMI Station, PO Box 750-R, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Additionally, a copy of these Official Rules shall be posted during the Sweepstakes Period at www.tellthebell.com.
7. WINNER LIST: To request a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2015, to: Taco Bell 2014 Customer Survey Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750-W, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Taco Bell Corp., 1 Glen Bell Way, Irvine, CA 92618
Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470
©2013 Taco Bell Corp. All rights reserved.